Professional Cupping Therapies
Learn how to safely and effectively use suction type cups in your daily practice as a highly effective adjunct therapy.
Learn Valuable cupping techniques and be introduced to the original Fascia trains; the Ancient Sinew channels.
Utilizing both; powerful plastic and versatile silicone cups, with the opportunity to try glass fire cupping under direct supervision. This course will provide the participant with the skills necessary to utilize these versatile and effective tools immediately, Including;
- History & benefits of cupping
- Preparing the therapist and patient for cupping
- Cupping procedure and methods
- Precautions and contraindications
- Client education and informed consent
Protocols taught include:
- Myo- Fascial release, and softening, Joint treatments
- The ancient fascia lines; the SINEW CHANNELS
- Trigger point & active release techniques
- Organ system balancing, and detoxification
- Lymphatic drainage & cellulite treatment
- Cupping face lift, skin firming and spa applications
Investment: $385, for 2 days,
Cupping sets sold for $35 at the class
Recognized for Con-Ed credits, with NHPC; 15, RMTA; 12, MTAA; 7.
Dates for 2017
Edmonton February 25 & 26, 2017
Edmonton April 1 & 2, 2017
Calgary April 29 & 30, 2017
Lethbridge May 27 & 28 & Advanced Cupping for Fascia Release In Lethbridge May 29 & 30, 2017
Winona Mondor RN, D.Ac, RMT, CH, RM, has been teaching cupping throughout Canada for 5 years and has extensive training in complementary therapies, and is a practicing Registered Nurse, Acupuncturist & Massage Therapist in Edmonton AB.
InstructorWinona Mondor D. Ac. RN. RMT
Saturday, April 22 & Sunday, April 23, 2017
MH Vicars School of Massage Therapy
12 Credits with RMTA
$450 if paid in full by April 1, 2017
Registration Cost includes a glass cupping starter set and GST
Class is limited to 22 students register early to ensure availability. Registration is on a first come first served basis and places will not be held without payment.
Cupping Massage is a 2 day workshop designed to teach massage therapists how to incorporate cupping massage therapy into their daily practice. Massage therapists will learn the theory of cupping, as well as the practical skills to perform a full body cupping massage treatment. Cupping massage has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of muscular pain. It is easy to perform and provides deep muscular relief with minimal effort from the massage therapist. It is a great addition to any massage therapy practice to take the strain of a deep tissue massage off the therapist and still provide a deep muscular release for their patients.
In this workshop the therapist will learn:
- the history, benefits and contraindications of cupping
- how cupping massage affects the muscles, blood, lymphatic and nervous system
- how to explain cupping massage to your patients and incorporate it into your practice
- how to perform glass fire cupping, plastic pump cupping and silicone/rubber cupping
- how to use cupping massage to treat common trigger points and acupressure points
- a general cupping massage routine for the back and neck, and limbs
- how to customize cupping massage for their patients complaint to provide maximum relief
What students are saying:
This course was by far my most favorite in the ten years I've been practicing. Not only was the content inspirational and changed my way of thinking as an RMT but Chantel was fantastic. She's passionate, intelligent, well spoken and fun!! You leave this weekend wanting more. Tami Hoeppner, Edmonton, AB
THE BUSINESS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
The Other Side of Being a Successful Health Practitioner
When: November 5 and 6, 2016 (Saturday and Sunday)
Where: Grand Trunk Fitness & Leisure Centre (Board Room)
13025 – 112 street NW Edmonton, AB T5E 6E4
Use south entrance, north is ice rink
Time: 9am – 4pm (2 days)
Cost: (450.00) (GST included)
To Register Call: Cindy (780) 913-0438
Visa MasterCard Cash Cheque (payable to The Myo Centre)
APPROVED FOR RMTA 6 CREDITS
Cindy Wyrozub , Registered Massage Therapist (20 years), University Instructor, Entrepreneur, Massage and TCM Acupuncture Clinic Owner
Subcontractor/Employee/Business Owner/Negotiating Contracts/ Basic Accounting
Bookkeeping/Receipts/Taxable Income/CPP/Income Tax/GST/Receipts/Clinic Forms
Telus Health, Blue Cross & GreenSheild online billings/Private Health Benefits direct billing
DVA,RCMP,Military provider/Motor Vehicle Accident claims/Clinic
Records/Marketing/Websites/Online Booking/Call Centres/ Social Media
Search Engine Optimization and more……….
LIMITED SPACE as I keep the group small SO CALL TODAY
This workshop is typically offered once a year
FacilityGrand Trunk Board Room
Find A Massage Therapist
The RMTA offers our members the opportunity to create a public profile in the Members Area.
Search by for any RMTA Therapist by name, location or keyword.